It has been 7 months almost to the day since I boarded the plane at JFK and landed in Japan. There is still much I need to experience while I live in Tokyo. After my trip back to the States I feel I will have a bit more of that ‘pick me up’ needed to set out on more adventures. As for now, while I’m en route to NYC I’ve made a list of things I look forward to doing while back in the good ol’ United States of America.
1. Catch up with all pals (especially one that can now be counted as two)
(nyc / bklyn / chi / nola / ptown)
2. The Met rooftop on Friday
3. Attend an evening performance of ‘Storefront Church’
4. Day trip to Upstate NY
5. Girlfriend excursion to AC
6. Eat hot wings and drink Diet Coke with Neeta
7. Visit my G’pa in Charleston
8. Check out new shops in Bklyn & Chi
9. Go swimming
My summer ‘home leave’ will officially begin as soon as I meet my sister and Sarah (a pal who I’ve known since kindergarten) at some fabulous NYC restaurant. After that I’ll be spending my next couple weeks split between 4 cities with lots of friends and family. I’m sure I’m not the only one traveling this summer, where are you off to?